Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby birds and Puffball
















Well another early evening visit didn't reveal any new birds or mammals. Only one pair of Little Ringed Plover remained, but all the other wader species put in an appearance, but Barn Owl failed to show.

However, on wandering through one of the overgrown back lagoons I chanced upon the largest puffball fungi I've ever seen. It was as big as both my hands, some 10cm by 10cm at least.


Then just as I was leaving I was attracted to the mad tweeting of baby birds, and crounched down to find a nest full of 5 baby robins in the old brambles crammed between the fence and the earth dumped on the water treatment plant works. My blurry picture doesn't reach the level of cuteness they showed. After briefly taking a picture I left them in peace to wait for mum or dad to help clean up their mess and feed their hungry mouths.






No comments:

Post a Comment